Monday, July 27, 2015

The One About a Keyboard

This old blog has been a little quiet this month.  Do you want to know the truth?  Well, I've been working on Amy's baby book and sometimes I just get one track minded on projects.  I just work on one thing and nothing else (in my little free time).  Do you get that way too?

Well, with all of the many things to talk about, today I want to talk about a keyboard.  I just barely bought a plug in keyboard to attach to my lap top.  My lap top has been a good little computer, peppy, runs well but, it drops key strokes.  I will be typing along and it will just leave letters out.  This is not a big deal in the whole scheme of things and honestly, I've just lived with it for the past three years.  But last week, I threw up my hands and started looking for a keyboard.  Do you know how much they are on Amazon?  $8.  Eight dolars!!  I could have avoided the three years of frustration for just $8.  I ordered one right then and there.

What else in my life could be fixed by just a tiny bit of effort? 

Well, now I'm on a mission.  Our first fix was a spice organizer.  I have looked through piles of bottles forever.  Now, every time I open the cabinet, I know where everything is.  So satisfying.

Ever since we moved into our house, there's been a corner in our front room that drove me crazy.  I kept putting different pieces of furniture there in the hopes of improving it.  What we really needed was a bench that would add some seating but have storage too.  We finally bit the bullet and went shopping.  There was nothing I even half liked for under $1,200.  We aren't really in the $1,200 phase of life with wildy kids.  So, we went to Ikea and got creative.  We started with this:
 HEMNES Sofa table IKEA Solid wood has a natural feel.

It's a sofa table.  Heber took it out to the garage and cut the top part and that I painted it.  And now it looks like this.
 
 It's just the right size for the space and it makes me happy every time I walk past it.  The whole space looks and feels so much better.  I'm still working on the bench cushion.  It's all a process, right but at least we're moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

pennylutz said...

I love it! It looks great!