It's cherry blossom season in Virginia. I always get nostalgic this time of year because this is the time of year where I discovered DC for the first time. It's been 10 years (wow) since I interned here, I can't help but picture myself as a 21 year old single girl under those blossoms.
We just got home from Utah on Wednesday. It was an amazing trip but we have all been exhausted (during and since). On Thursday, with mounds of laundry not dealt with and bags packed and splayed across the play room. I decided to go into the city to see the cherry blossoms. The blossoms are almost sacred to me, when they bloom, I must go.
It was so beautiful. The kids enjoyed it (after a snack of course), and I just walked and watched. I'm not one to drive into the city much, the traffic and parking stress me out but we lucked out and got a great parking spot. I guess luck was on our side.
It was just the pick me up I needed to get going on life again. Now to tackle that laundry....









No comments:
Post a Comment