Thursday, March 19, 2015

Resumes and Late Nights

Last night, Heber and I were up late editing a resume for someone in our ward.  It was like a flashback to our life a year ago.  I can just picture us up late, Heber sitting at the computer writing cover letters or applying for jobs.  I was holding our Amy girl, who was crying (she didn't get the hang of sleeping at night for a long time).  Then we'd trade and I'd edit.  I don't even know how many resumes and cover letters I've written over the years, too many.  Can I just say how thankful I am that it's not one of our resumes that we're working on.  I'm hoping we're settled for a while.

That was a rough time. Putting yourself out there is incredibly stressful.  It's just as stressful being the supporting spouse.  I can say that it was rough because here we are a year later, Heber is in a new job that he really likes.  He learned that he can successfully go through a job hunt (which is a confidence boosting knowledge).  I'm so grateful to be a year away from that. 

I pulled up my old resume to send as an example (the guy had written his work experience in paragraph format, I'm a firm believer in the bullet points).  I grabbed one off of my old portfolio website, you can see it here.  My life right now is so firmly entrenched in mom mode that I almost forgot all that I had done before.  I spent a little time today looking through some of my old projects and writing.  It's good to remember.  I'm happy with where I am now, but I am so happy to have done so much before. 
Leo's getting pretty good at taking pictures.
 

No comments: