Thursday, January 15, 2015

Amy's First

 
 Amy turned one.  Our girl is one.  I can't believe that it has been a year already.  I have loved watching her grow, how she has started coming into her own.  This year has passed by in a blink and suddenly my 6 pound newborn has become a cruising, crawling one year old. 
 
She is such a joy in our lives.  I can see so much of her personality starting to come out, her quiet determination and curiosity.  I can't wait to see how she will change and come into herself.  Our little red haired girl is one!

It's been a joyful (and absolutely crazy) year.  She has taught me so much and changed me deeply.  Having a second child is so much different than having one and it has been a year of trying to figure out how to do it all. 

We have a special bond, Amy girl and I.  I am so thankful to be her mom, even when she didn't sleep for months. 

We threw a little party to celebrate her first year.  A party makes it feel like a special occasion.  We served waffles, eggs and coconut syrup.  Her cake was topped with raspberry frosting.  She tentatively liked it but didn't go too wild.




No comments: