Saturday, August 2, 2014

Mason Neck State Park

The weather has been unseasonable pleasant lately, tolerable days and cool nights.  This is not the humid, stifling hot July I was expecting.  We have been taking advantage of the opportunities to be outside (especially considering our current housing situation).

Like most Saturdays, we sat around the breakfast table and talked about what we wanted to do that day.  Mount Vernon?  Eastern Market? Definitely one of my favorites but with recent long days and nights, I just didn't have enough energy for that adventure.  Great Falls? 

Well, we ended up at Mason Neck State Park.  It was a new place that we'd never been before but in an area that we wanted to explore more.  Let me just say that it was beautiful!  I can't believe that I lived 15 minutes away from this for nearly 3 years and never made the trip.
It was quiet up there with few people, which for our area with millions of people in it, that doesn't happen often.  Leo had the best time exploring, running around, chasing frogs, and playing on the playground.  We took a short trail along the water and just so enjoyed being in this place.  It was just what we needed to recharge for yet another week in the hotel. 
 
I watched Leo exploring and it filled up my heart.  My sweet little guy is so excited about the world, I hope he always stays that way.  

No comments: