Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Glass Knobs and Adventure

We have been tired here lately.  The "I just had a baby" kind of tired.  I can still claim it even if it's 3 1/2 months out, right?  Well, I am.  Honestly, I haven't been that excited about life lately but tonight was a good night.

Last week I was reading HGTV Magazine.  Do you read it?  You should, there's so many great ideas, bright colors.  I like it.  Anyway, there was an article on knobs.  I thought, I could make that on the torch.  I'm one of those people who get a lot of ideas (well, I used to before I had a newborn).  Heber (who is ever supportive of my crazy ideas), ran down to Home Depot the very next day to hunt down some hardware.  Heb is a problem solver.  He likes to look at a project and figure out how to make it happen.  It's one of the things I love most about him.

Leo was excited too!


I sat down to the torch just tonight to try it out. As a first run, they came together way better than expected.  This is why I love doing glass, there's always something new to learn.  It's in that newness, that adventure that makes me excited about life again. 
 Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. ~ Helen Keller
 I saw this quote recently.  It is so true.  It is in those moments of adventure (which is really getting out of your comfort zone, doing something new, embracing change), that life becomes worth living.  And in those moments that we discover who we are and stretch beyond. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, those look great! Where/how do you plan to use them?