Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patricks Day

It's St. Patrick's Day.  Even as a child I wasn't in love with this holiday.  For me, it's usually one of those non-holiday holidays. 

Here's why I'm celebrating this year:
1. I love green.  I married a Green boy and thus it will always have a special place in my heart. 

2.  I love Irish Dancing and Celtic music.  I turned on some music this morning and Leo and I danced our hearts out.  There's something about the rhythm that makes it impossible not to dance.  I've been enjoying my class. 

3.  You can celebrate pretty much however you want, except that you have to wear green.  This isn't a problem because green in one of my favorite colors to wear.  I may have 4 cardigans in varying shades of green hanging in my closet at this very moment.

People out there try to celebrate with "leprechans visiting," which I'm not really into.  It's not as if my kids need another "mythical" creature visiting our house.  The elf of the shelf idea still creeps me out.

Instead of leprechans, I decided we should celebrate with treats.  We went to visit Heber at work and brought him green pringles and a case of Mountain Dew.  Really?  Mountain Dew?  Oh yes, it's green (sort of).  Really, we are all sleep deprived around here and nothing says "I love you" like a case of caffeine.

Here's a couple of videos with some Celtic music and dancing from my dance group (from way back before kids).  I make a couple of appearances in the long one.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0AihLEfe9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KRr0E6mzk

No comments: