I cleaned out my hotmail account tonight. I'm not one of those, "delete as you receive" kind of people, I'm a do it all at once. I blame it on the sweep feature that does it all for you. It really is satisfying to see it delete hundreds at a time.
It was at this moment tonight that I realized that I had not been receiving notices from the library about when my books are due. I need that email. Need. I could be someone who carefully records when things are due but I am not. I discovered them in my junk email, and....I think it's time they take my library card away.
Yet again, I had a book so late that they are threatening to make me pay for it.
And the thank you cards sit in a pile on my desk. Along with everything else that is a pile on my desk (or maybe in piles everywhere).
There are scrabble pieces all over the house because Leo discovered the game closet yesterday and cars, and blocks....
I haven't cleaned the bathrooms in a week. Ok, two.
And I lost the Costco list.
This is my life at the moment.
But, if I have learned anything as a parent is that life happens in phases. What is challenging and hard at the moment will get easier or will suddenly change to something else. And then you get little moments that make it all worth it like a first smile.
Well, you'll have to excuse me, I have to go feed the baby. The cleaning, errands, blogging will just have to wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment