Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Year in Review

2013 is officially over.  It was quite the year.  I think I've had some of the happiest times of my life this year mostly because of simple things.  I have settled into motherhood and I love being a mom to Leo and find a lot of fulfillment.  I love that I've found hobbies to be excited about.  It's been a year of overcoming some old bad habits and succeeding in ways I just didn't anticipate (like exercising, who knew I could do it consistently?). 

It's also been a rough one with lots of morning sickness and a major move.  I don't think I anticipated that it would be so hard to leave Virginia.  There were definite reasons why we left but it was incredibly hard.  I liked my life there.  I liked me there. 
Leo in the moving truck
To ring in the new year, we wrote down our favorite memory of 2013.  What are the odds that Heber and I would write the exact same thing?  We both wrote down that our favorite was to get pizza and go to Huntsman Park.  It was something we started doing almost every week.  We'd eat our pizza and watch Leo joyfully play at the park.  Shouldn't my favorite be some big memory like Outer Banks?  No, just simple.
Leo at Huntsman Park
I've been sorting through pictures recently and I've been flooded with so many memories of this past year.  It was a good one.  Rough but so good too. 



At Halloween.
Pumpkin Festival with his best bud, Zach
At our neighborhood park.
 


In dad's glasses, shoes, and work badge.  All ready to head to work.  It's twice as funny because his outfit looks just like what Heber wears everyday.
Making discoveries at Hidden Pond Nature Center.
Outer Banks
 
National Botanical Gardens.  Love that place.
The Tidal Basin at cherry blossom time.
National Kite Festival

 
Some of my fish from the glass studio.  I learned so much this year!
Down at one of our regular haunts, Occoquan


Eastern Market

My favorite picture of the year, Leo helping me make cookies.

No comments: