I fall into the fake camp. You purchase a tree that can be used year after year. You know what to expect and only have to light it the one time. And you know that lights are the biggest, most time consuming (hassle) part of decorating the tree. You know it will be beautiful and look just the way you want it to.
Now real trees, you're running a risk. You never know if they'll survive. They're messy and you have to water them (and you know how good I am at keeping things alive. Bad, really bad). Some smell nice but some don't.
So, we've compromised year after year and decorated two trees. One real and one fake. Is it a little over the top? Well, yes but it works.
We went out to get our tree this year and went to a small local lot. I like to support small businesses when I can. Anyway, we looked at tall the trees and most were too big for our small place (and small trunk space). Most of the regular ones had a big chunk out of the side. So we ended up with our usual, a 3 foot tall little guy. Ok, so we ended up with 2 little trees. They were $5, we just couldn't say no. Especially after Leo took a liking to one and dragged it out to the car himself.
We decorated them up and they've added a lot of cheer to our little place. Leo has been saying "mas tree" for days. He still hasn't figured out that ornaments are not balls but we're working on it.
![]() |
| The new ornament I made for our tree in the glass studio. |






2 comments:
Oh those two trees in your kitchen are so cute. Love the pic of Leo dragging one off the lot too. Totally get the indecision on real vs fake trees. ;)
I want to hear Leo say 'mas tree'! What a cute boy to drag his tree to the car. You guys are fun :)
Post a Comment