It's the week before Christmas. I've been preparing and wrapping all of the Christmas surprises. Gift giving is definitely one of the big ways I show love. I'm just so excited to see Leo open up his presents, especially since he might actually get into it somewhat this year. The Christmas cards were finally sorted out and mailed and we have been receiving greetings in the mail. I tell you, that is one of my favorite parts of the season. I hung them all up in our living room and Leo has been pointing at his friends for days.
Heb went out of town for a few days on business. He was off having meetings at the old office and hanging out with our friends in Virginia. Leo and I held down the fort. I try to be as positive as possible about things, keep a good attitude but it's been quite a week. There was the failed toffee experiment. Our Christmas tree was knocked over (not by Leo) resulting in some of my most favorite ornaments being broken. It was an accident but I can't help being a little bummed about it. Leo's been entering a new phase and it hasn't resulted in my most shining mothering moments. Let's just say, it's been interesting.
On Friday as I was laying Leo down for his nap, there was a knock at the door. We had a surprise package. One of my glass friends had sent some glass ornaments out of the blue. It was just so lovely.
We went upstairs and resumed reading stories and there was another knock on the door. It was a girl from our ward dropping a treat off. Now, you know that we are new in our ward. It meant a lot to have someone reach out to me and want to be our friend. Now, if only Leo wasn't so excited to see new people that he throws toys and screams, ah, the joys of a two year old.
In a matter of a few moments, my hope in the season and in our place was renewed. I think that's really what Christmas is about. We remember our Savior and we reach out and show love to each other.
Merry Christmas all!


2 comments:
Lydia and I love the bottom picture of Leo!
Yes! I love this post. The gift giving, the snow, great people who are thoughtful and, of course, my cute Leo getting to be an excited big boy. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Post a Comment