This weekend I went down to North Carolina to visit my friend Janette. I forgot how comfortable and fun it is to be with old friends. I hate to have to settle for a phone call or email. But alas, we are adults now with lives all across the country. Why can't Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and North Carolina be closer together? At least North Carolina is only a 4 hour drive away and I could get away this weekend. I guess I can settle for that.
The highlight of the weekend for me was our visit to Yoders. Yes, you read that right. It was a Mennonite breakfast/hardware/garden center/farm supply store. It was quite the experience. It reminded me of Smithfield Implement, with a breakfast place attached. Oh, and Mennonites.
The food was delish though. Good home cooking. The store had a special room for Carhart and an array of beautiful handmade quilts. It felt a bit like being home. There's a lot more country inside of me then you know.
We watched the Celtic Night video from last year. Dancing was how Janette and I met. We talked and laughed about all of the costumes and the dances. Ask me in person some time for some good stories. It made me miss dancing.
I got to see her as a mother for the first time. Her 3 month old Hannah is so sweet. And I love to watch our friends as parents. She and her husband love that babe.
Heber was the champ of the weekend and stayed home with our boy. I missed them both.





1 comment:
Ohh... thanks for posting! This weekend was so fun and we all loved seeing you. It was fun to share the first (and probably only) NC snow storm of the year with you and fabric shopping revived a creative spark that I thought was long dead. SO FUN! Lets do this again :)
Post a Comment