Wednesday, January 30, 2013
10 years.
A decade seems like a long time, considering I haven't even completed my third. In 10 years, I have gone from college freshman to graduate, to wife, to employee, to grad student, and now to mother.
A lot can happen in 10 years.
It was 10 years ago that Heb and I went on our first date. How could I know that it would be the ruggedly handsome guy in an REI backpack and jeans would be the one. It was kind of an accident, the way it all happened.
We met up again at a party (I found out later that the party was engineered by him so that he could see me again). They planned a hike, I didn't expect a call the next rainy Saturday to cancel the hike. He invited me to a basketball game (neither of us big sports fans but there's not really much to do in Logan). We talked, we had ice cream, it was good.
Now, all these years later our lives are completely intertwined. He is my home, where ever we are. Who would have known that a chance meeting so long ago would change the course of my life forever.
Choosing him was the best choice I ever made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Tapered jeans, nonetheless.
hahahahha.
sometimes i can be funny!!
love you guys!
Post a Comment