Back when I lived in the DC area for the first time, before Heb and I were married, I lived in a very urban area of Crystal City. From the building that I lived in, you didn't even have to go outside to get to the metro stop, which was a couple of blocks away. That's right, there were tunnels of creepy barber shops, dry cleaners and other underground stores. There was even a McDonalds under that building. The metro was less then a block from my work so I could realistically only be outside for about 2 minutes every day.
Honestly, being in a tunnel all the time was kind of depressing. I missed nature and trees and yards. I never thought I'd feel that way but I did.
I started taking the metro up to Dupont Circle. The area is different from the grand touristy areas of DC. The streets are lined with beautiful historic homes and my favorite part, lots of trees. On those streets are many of the Embassy's in DC. It's an area called "Embassy Row." I loved it.
The weather has been so beautiful (warm) lately so Heb and I thought we'd go out to see a place that we could walk. We went into the city and enjoyed the fall colors. We walked around the embassy's and pointed out the different countries. It's neat that we live in a place with so many countries represented.
Our Saturdays have been busy lately so we haven't had much time to spend together out and about. We have to take advantage of the chances we have.
Do you see that little boy we have with us? That Leo is growing like crazy and looks more like a little boy, especially when he stands up. He's reaching and exploring all sorts of things now. Keeps us on our toes. It's nice to strap him to our back sometimes so we don't have to worry what shenanigans he's gotten himself into. :)







1 comment:
Love all those bright fall colors. How stunning!
Post a Comment