Friday, August 26, 2011

A Little Bit of Magic

In preparation for the second natural disaster to hit our area this week, I was out on an adventure and discovered a really interesting place today.

I was down in Occoquan (don't worry if you can't pronounce it, most can't), what I would call a historic harbor village, at my favorite new bead store. This is a prerequisite for a happy life, I believe, to have access to a good bead store. Try it out, it might change your life.

Anyway, while there, I was wandering down the street trying to kill a few minutes and walked into this store.

It was on the second level of a building and once I had committed to climbing all the stairs, I figured I should actually go in. I was quite surprised to discover that it was....a witchcraft store. Yes, that kind of witchcraft, the one with spells and black hats...literally, black hats and cats. I guess I should have guessed by the sign. I blame it on naivety.

For those of you who live in Logan, you know that there is a Magical Moon there - it's a toy store. This was no toy store.

Apparently, I can take a full course on witchcraft and spells. I could learn about tarot cards and could even have a private consult for a special spell or concoction for that special person in my life. I passed on the gemstone infused candles, the collections of herbs and "ingredients" and even on the crystals. I didn't find one thing that I needed - although I was tempted by the stones that would bring good fortune into my life and the bottle of frankensense.

You see, another reason to come visit us. We can make a pit stop here for all of your spell casting needs or just to pick up the stone that will change your life. Believe me, we can take the time.

I guess the moral of the story here would be, you never know what you'll discover - especially after taking time to visit your favorite bead store.

1 comment:

Jamie Blake said...

that's hilarious! maybe we should take a witchcrafting class together.