Sunday, March 27, 2011

Logan

I met Heber in Logan. I was visiting with a friend and she wanted to take me over to visit an apartment full of boys in her ward. And there he was, 19 year old Heber. So handsome.
Our first picture together.

All these years later, we're still together. We've lived in Logan all the time we've been married. We were just young freshmen when we met. Went to an Aggie Basketball game for our first date. We fell in love in this valley and were engaged in the Hydro Park up the canyon, we've made it our home for the last 5 years. Very soon that will all change.

We're moving.

In May we are headed all the way across the country to Washington D.C. Heb was approached with an offer to transfer to D.C. a couple of months ago. We have been waiting to hear if it was official and we heard the news this week. We are headed out on an adventure!!

For the first time in our married life, we will move somewhere together. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Together, we'll get to explore a new city. We'll wander the museums (I'll even wander the Air and Space Museum), we'll shop at great stores like H & M and the PaperSource.

I'm excited for something new and time to just be together (we are probably the only people ever who are moving to D.C. to slow down a little). We are sad to leave family and friends and the life we've built here but it's time to move on. You better give us a call if you're ever in the DC area.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

How exciting for you guys! I would love to go back to that area some day. There are so many great places to see within a short drive. Best of luck to you two!

James +Tami + Max said...

You got after us saying you didn't want to lose another friend to moving and your the one doing it to us! How Rude!

Kate said...

What an exciting opportunity! I love D.C. and how accessible and visitor friendly downtown is. Hope you both enjoy making new memories in such a great place, as well as all that fabulous shopping! ;)

Mindy said...

congrats on your new adventure, Gentri! What a fun time for you, I hope you enjoy every minute of it and I wish you a happy and stress free move!

Loni said...

We're coming to visit! You know I think you're going to love this new life in D.C. and all the new adventures waiting for you there. I only wish Wisconsin was about 20 hours closer! Good luck finding a house this week!

Lacey Sue said...

I love D.C., went there years ago- and still love it! Congrats on the new adventure! That is scary, AND exciting! I love Logan too! That is where Chad and I fell in love- he proposed at Rick Springs in Logan Canyon...tender memories of Logan (I practically grew up there every summer). I will miss you in Utah, but am very excited for you both!