was awesome! My sister called me at 6:00 with free tickets to "So You Think You Can Dance" down in SLC. How could I turn her down? The tickets were for one of the luxury suites, now I see how the other side lives.
I was expecting a quiet night of dance rehearsal and homework (I know, my life is pretty darn exciting). I called my other sister to take the second ticket and hopped right in my car, I didn't even stop to touch up makeup.
It was pretty spontaneous. I'm not one for a lot of spontaneity. I'm usually the one that does what they're supposed to but for once I skipped practice and did something really fun. My sister and I had the best time watching and commenting on the dancing and talking together. Thanks for coming Loni.
The dancing was unbelievable. It's been a while since I've seen real dancing in person. The lines, extension, emotion... I could go on and on. It gave me the boost I needed to make it through the last few weeks of this semester. I've been a tad bit burned out (if you've talked to me in the last few days, you would have seen this).
Also, can I make one side note here? Did you realize that the show winner was a high school senior with everything going for her? As happy as I am for her, I almost wish it had gone to someone who had to struggle a bit before. Maybe it's the realist in me.
Thank you Carly and Jay for the tickets! Thanks to Mom Lawrence for watching the kids so Loni could come and watch the show with me.
All I can say is get out and do something spontaneous. It'll do wonders for your week!
1 comment:
It was fun!!! I loved it! Thanks for calling me.
Post a Comment