Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Home At Last.

We're home! After 5 planes in 2 days, I am one exhausted girl. I could go a long time without seeing the inside of an airport.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be here. No more kababs (even the most delicious things get old after eating them every meal for days in a row). No more squat toilets (yes, I wrote that down. You have no idea how lucky we are in America.) People who speak the same language (totally rare in Turkey. I saw maybe three Americans the entire trip). And being able to sleep in my own bed.

Although, when did it get so cold here? One day I was in sunny and 75 degree weather in Ephesus and today the snow and ice abound. It's going to take some getting used to. Also, maybe because I was traveling all through Thanksgiving I'm not quite ready for Christmas. If you run into me and I'm bundled up like an Eskimo, you know that I am not yet acclimated to the weather.

I promise to update the blog with some fun stories from our trip (and there are some great ones) when I can get over this jetlag and catch up with some of the projects from school.

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

*sigh* I envy you (yes, wrong I know) ENVY you I tell ya!!! I want to hear all about it so I can live vicariously through you!

Kate said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear your stories. Trips abroad are always the best. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had fun! You will have to tell me all about it at church!