Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dancing at Snow

I spent the weekend in Ephraim at Snow College dancing with Inishfre. I had the best time. I think I laughed for hours. In all of that, I did not take one picture. Figures.

We performed in the new Eccles performing arts center in a hall with acustics that made our shoes loud and clear along with the Leaping Lulu's band. It was my first performance for several new dances which meant the first with multiple costume changes.

The gig had booked us a large house for all of us to stay in together and of course we stayed up way too late, I told pagent stories (good ones) and woke up laughing about how wild our hair was.

While sitting in church today, I was thinking about these women that I dance with. We all support each other through the good and the bad. I need this so much.

One of the gal's new boyfriend joined us for the event. He said, it's not just because you like dancing, really its all the rest - the fun we have together, the listening, the friendship. And he was right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope to catch one of your performances sometime! Let me know the next time your group performs somewhere locally.