Sunday, September 20, 2009

Community Day

It's almost the end of September. How can I have already been in school for a month? There have been a few things that have fallen through the cracks as far as blogging that I would like to post.

Do you remember back to the post about the community day that I was planning? Well, I want to finally share some pictures. It was a really good day and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. All of the long days, stress and hard work paid off.

The day of the event, back in August, I woke up to rainy skies. With everything going on outside, I was worried that it would all be rained out but it eased up enough to get everything set up and stopped completely just a few minutes before we started. The weather picked up again just 10 minutes before the end of the event. I think someone was watching out for me.

We had activities, skydivers, food and ice cream made with liquid nitrogen. Over 35 volunteers help to make it such a special day. Here are some pictures.





I want to put a special something in here about Heber. I couldn't have pulled it off without him. He was there every step of the way encouraging and helping me, even if it meant stuffing name tags at 10:30 at night. And also a special thank you to all of you who came to support me. I so appreciated you taking the time, especially Mom L., Matt, Whitney and Granny Barbs.

1 comment:

Amy Lynn said...

I found you! I'm so happy to find you in the blogging world. I love being able to spy on favorite people and keep up with the adventures! Let the games begin!!