Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's Tomorrow


Well folks, tomorrow is my first day of grad school. Who knew this day would come? The summer is over and stormy weather in Logan is just around the corner.

On Thursday and Friday we had orientation for the program. We did a ropes course, which if you have never done before, you'd better just ask me about it. The rest was meetings, meetings. Luckily I got my undergrad at USU and have some experience with how things work.

They spoke about how it's now time to start thinking what projects I want to do. I have always been on the path to discovering what I want to do when I grow up and now I get to take real action toward that goal.

They showed us several sample portfolios, to get us thinking about our own. What I liked the most was how they wanted us to put ourselves into our work. They want to see who we are, for potential employers to get an idea of not only our work but who we are as people. This is something I definately missed in my undergrad. Very rarely did you put your personality into a piece, it always had to be in a professional or academic voice.

As I enter grad school, I know it's going to be busy and stressful but I think I'll enjoy it. It will be a time of growth and learning but in it all I can be true to myself.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Congrats and good luck!