Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Patches and Homemade Cider, Yum!


So, I was looking at my blog and realized that I have not posted any pictures lately. To be honest, neither Heber or I are very good at making sure pictures are taken but today you are in for a treat.

A couple of weeks ago, Heber's brother Peter and his family came to stay with us for the weekend. We don't get many house guests up this way so we were more than happy to have them come.

We went out to a pumpkin patch in Paradise. I discovered it online on a whim and decided that we go, even though the first part of the morning was a snowy blizzard.


Our friend Jacha came with us too.



One of my recent interests has been the making of apple cider. I have always wanted to see the process, luckily the operation in full swing. Check that off my list of things to see in my life. Not to mention, delicious hot cider to drink.


We topped it all off with a bowl of soup at the bread store.
I may never buy pumpkins in a store again.

6 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

How fun! It looked like a total blast!!

James +Tami + Max said...

I didn't know they made cider in paradise. SO MUCH FUN!!!
Sorry we missed you this weekend. I hope the corn maze was fun.

Mindy said...

Gentri! I'm glad you found me! Where have you been all my life?? I'm glad to catch up with you, blogging is great that way. Let's stay in touch!

me and him said...

GENTRY! cute blog. i'm glad you found me! the pumpkin patch looks so fun, i've never been out there! i've been wanting to tell you i'm so sad i missed your lesson sunday. i bet it was awesome!

Stacy said...

Hi Gentri! I found your link through someone elses blog and thought I would stop by and say hello! PS - I still think you are OM-mazing! :)

Loni said...

how fun! I wish I was there with you!